Sunday, October 12, 2008

snow!!!!!

Here are some pictures of when it first started snowing



So we are definately not in Oklahoma anymore. Friday we had snow! It was beautiful and it made me twirl around with a big ol' grin on my face. I had to really rein myself in not to stick out my tongue to catch a few in front of a co-worker.
Snow is how we convinced Cooper that it would be ok for us to move to Nevada. With Tahoe 30 minutes away we will be spending every Saturday in Jan and Feb on the mountain. Kirk and I will be volunteer ski instructors (we will be trained by the pros) and Cooper will be taking lessons. There is a great program in this area where parents have to volunteer in some capacity (Kirk and I were planning on being bus monitors, but when we were signing up they asked if we skied and well, here we are) and kids get cheap good lessons. No kid is turned away for financial or physical limitations. They have a terrific adaptive ski program as well.
When my father heard that we would be doing this he reminded me that my goal as a teenager was to be a snow bum. I guess this isn't too far off!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

SNOW!!! I'm jealous, and yes, I would have stuck my tongue out in front of my co-worker.

Sounds like you all have a great winter lined up. WB will surely be jealous of C-man's snowboarding!!

The pictures of the kids are great! Glad you found time to update!

Jessica said...

WOW! Snow in October! I just can not imagine that as we are just thrill to be out of the 90s(FL). lol.
Sounds like you are going to have a fun winter!

joiful1 said...

What fun! We're just excited to make it to fall here in OK! FYI -- our little girl arrived two weeks ago today. Her name is Adeline Jane! Love to you all!