Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fun Fun Fun

Yesterday was a blast! We got up early because we couldn't sleep so we Skyped home and talked to our little man. We were afraid we wouldn't be able to. We're still having some skype problems, but we've talked to home a few times so far. We went down to breakfast and let me tell you, Kirk was soooo adventurous. I think he intentionally ate the weirdest looking dishes they had, and let me tell you there were some very unusual things. We sat with a lovely couple from England who are traveling around SE Asia. We then went around the area of the Hotel. We got a bicycle taxi who took us all around. It was great! That is, if one completely put trust in his ability to manunver around all the scooters and buses. Crazy! I plan on taking a picture of the traffic because it really is an art to move around. The very cool thing is that people are so kind to each other in traffic. It's like a big dance. We went to a market, the War Remnants Museum, which is very moving and disturbing at the same time, around Notre Dame all over. It was great! We are leaving for Vy's province in thirty minutes so I've got to go!!!! More later....

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm anxious to see pictures of you with your daughter.

Ruth said...

Sounds like fun! I hope the journey to the province is QUICK ... can't wait for the next update :).

Erin said...

Looking forward to updates! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Dianna said...

Oh my gosh, I can't stand the excitement!